HP Officejet Pro 8710 Troubleshooting
HP Officejet Pro 8710 troubleshooting methods will help you solve issues with your HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer. The instructions to troubleshoot your printer are given here. Issues such as Offline, ink cartridges problems, not scanning, paper jams, fax problems, and more can occur. Make use of the guidelines below to solve the problem by yourself.
Steps To Fix HP Officejet Pro 8710 Offline Error
- The HP printer may face Printer Offline issues due to several reasons. Use the solutions specified here to clear them.
- The first solution is to download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor to find out the reason for the offline problem.
- Download the HP Print and can Doctor software on your computer.
- Run the HPPSde.exe file and install it and open the software after installation.
- Tap the Fix printing option and the scanning process will start.
- Follow the HP Officejet Pro 8710 troubleshooting prompts that are displayed on your screen to rectify this error.
- Check if there is a recent update that you have failed to install. Upgrade your printer’s firmware and verify whether the problem has been sorted out.
- Reset the printer to examine whether the technical glitch is resolved.
- If the solutions mentioned above do not rectify the issue, then service your printer.
HP Officejet Pro 8710 Printhead Appears To Be Missing
If a message displays stating that the printhead appears to be missing, not detected, or incorrectly installed, then try the following HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer troubleshooting solutions.
- Reseat the HP 8710 printer’s printhead up to three times and check if the issue persists.
- Locate the ink cartridge access door and open it carefully.
- Wait until the carriage remains idle.
- Turn off the printer to avoid injuries electric shock and raise the carriage latch.
- Lift the printhead slowly and lower it back into the carriage.
- Shake them left and right slowly and then release the carriage latch to secure the printhead in its place.
- Shut the ink cartridge access door and ensure that you provide power supply to the printer.
- Check if the issue persists. If the problem continues, then try updating your firmware.
Guide To Resolve HP Officejet Pro 8710 Ink Cartridge Error
If your printer displays a Cartridge problem or an Incompatible Cartridge error message on its control panel, then try the following HP Officejet Pro 8710 troubleshooting solutions.
- Clean the printer’s ink cartridge contacts.
- Turn off the 8710 printer and open the access door of the ink cartridge.
- The carriage inside will be moving when you open the door. Wait until it stops.
- Detach the ink cartridge, clean the copper-colored contact and insert the cartridge back into the slot. Repeat the same for the other cartridges.
- Close the door of the ink cartridge and check if the error continues.
- Reset your printer by disconnecting all the power connections and connecting them back again.
- If the issue continues, then replace the ink cartridge that creates the problem. You can find the problematic cartridge from the error message.
- If it is still an issue, its time to service your printer.
HP Officejet Pro 8710 No Computer Found
- The No computer found message occurs while you try to scan documents on your HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer.
- This type of error can be fixed by using HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- You can download the tool from the manufacturer’s site 123.hp.com/setup 8710.
- Once you download it on your computer, run it to solve the scan problem quickly.
- If your issue isn’t solved, check if the problem lies with your computer.
- It may appear if the printer fails to communicate with your computer.
- If you are connecting the printer to computer via a USB cable, check whether it is damaged.
- If you are using a wireless connection, check if your printer is connected to the correct SSID.
- After performing all the above HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer troubleshooting steps, uninstall and re-install the printer.
HP Officejet Pro 8710 Scanner Not Working
- To solve the scanner issue on your HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer, check the power source.
- Never use an adapter while you connect the printer to the power supply.
- Disconnect the power cable from the printer and do not perform any process for a while.
- Now, re-connect the power cable back into the printer and try to scan.
- The other HP Officejet Pro 8710 printer troubleshooting step that you can try is to check the scanner bar functionality.
- Turn on the printer and lift the scanner lid.
- Tap the Copy button on the printer’s operation panel and check the scanner mechanism.
- If the scanner mechanism seems to be jammed, service the printer in an authorized service center.
- If you did not find any problem with the scanner mechanism, run the HP Print & Scan Doctor tool on your computer.
How To Fix HP Officejet Pro 8710 Won’t Print
- This issue occurs when you try to print an important document or photo and the printer does not print anything. It can occur due to various reasons. Some significant reasons can be connection error, carriage jams and defects in the ink cartridge.
- USB and power cables may encounter issues. Any damages in the cables can lead to the connection error.
- Replacement of the cables is necessary to fix the issue.
- If the carriage is stuck to the left side of the printer, try to move it to the right.
- If the carriage jams in the right side of the printer, slide it to the left.
- Discard all the torn pieces of paper located in the interior of the printer.
- Check for a problematic ink cartridge in the printer. Replace it with a new one.
- After trying all these HP Officejet Pro 8710 troubleshooting steps, try to print a test page.
- If the printer prints successfully, then the issue is fixed.
HP Officejet Pro 8710 Paper Jam
- Paper jams occur due to incompatible paper inserted into the tray.
- Check the error message on the printer’s control panel and system.
- You need to fix the issue and then resume printing.
- Press OK on the printer’s control panel to fix the issue.
- If the error continues to display, take the input tray out of the printer.
- Bits of paper are located inside the printer, try to remove them.
- If you view the same error on the printer’s control panel, use a flashlight to check for jammed paper.
- Discard them if any. As the last step, reset the printer to fix the HP Officejet Pro 8710 troubleshooting issue.
- After the issue resolves, try to print from the printer.
HP Officejet Pro 8710 Fax Not Working
- Fax quality is not good: Confirm that the issue is related to faxing.
- Try cleaning the scanner components. Collect a clean cloth, glass cleaner, and distilled water.
- Power the Officejet Pro 8710 printer Off and then remove the power cord.
- Raise the scanner lid and wipe the glass using a soft cloth. Lower the scanner lid and then raise the ADF cover. Locate the separator pads and the paper pick rollers inside the Automatic Document Feeder Tray.
- Utilize a clean cloth to clean the residues that are present on the separator pad and pick rollers.
- Allow the ADF cover to remain open for at least three minutes.
- Now lower the ADF tray and then try sending a fax.
- Another general solution for resolving the fax issues is to reset the Officejet Pro 8710 printer.
HP Officejet Pro 8710 Cannot Connect To Wifi
- Get the IP address of your Officejet Pro 8710 printer by tapping the Wireless icon on its touch panel. Else, get the IP address by printing a Network Configuration sheet.
- Enter the Officejet Pro 8710 printer’s IP address on any browser and then switch to the Network tab.
- Choose the General option and click on Network Protocols.
- Select the Enable IP V4 option and then apply the changes made.
- Navigate to the Network dialog box and select the Wireless (802.11) option.
- Now, click Network Address, then choose the Manual IP option, and then select the Manual IP Address button.
- The addresses get filled out automatically. Now, verify if the Officejet Pro 8710 printer can bridge with the network.
- If the HP Officejet Pro 8710 troubleshooting error stays unfixed, power cycle the wireless access point, Officejet Pro 8710 printer, and the Personal Computer.