HP Officejet Pro 6978 Wireless Setup
The HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer is compatible with the wireless connection. You can connect the printer to a network either by using HP Officejet Pro 6978 wireless setup wizard or Wi-Fi Protected Setup. The first method requires network name and password while the other one does not require any. Read the steps below and try them out.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Setup Wireless
- First, power up the Officejet Pro 6978 printer and the system.
- Ensure that the system has a stable internet access.
- If the signal frequency for your system and printer is less, move both devices close to the router.
- Changing the position of devices may increase the signal strength.
- Detach the connected USB cable from the printer’s rear when the system prompts.
- The Wireless icon is available on the front panel of the printer.
- Press the icon to establish a network connection.
- Swipe to the left on the display panel to locate the Settings icon.
- Tap Settings-> Wireless Settings. A list of connection methods displays under the Settings menu.
- Tap HP Officejet Pro 6978 wireless setup wizard. A list of available networks in the surrounding shows up on the screen.
- Click your network name from the list and mention the password in the tab.
- While entering the password, remember that it is case sensitive.
- Once the network connection is established, a blue wireless light remains stable on the printer’s control panel.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Wifi Setup
- Use the Wi-Fi Protected Setup to connect the printer to a wireless network.
- The printer should support Wireless connectivity.
- Check if the router has a WPS button.
- Verify whether the network contains a WPA or WPA2 password.
- A system is not required to connect the printer to a network with the help of WPS.
- If you install the driver for your printer while connection is in progress, the system prompts you to type the WPS PIN.
- Click the Cancel option to terminate the process.
- The system discovers the Wi-Fi Direct feature supported by the printer.
- If the HP Officejet Pro 6978 wireless setup contains the Wireless button, press it for at least three seconds.
- Press the PUSH button on the router to establish the network connection.
- Wait until the wireless light remains stable on the display panel.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 AirPrint
AirPrint is an inbuilt app exclusively designed for Apple users. Most HP Printers are compatible with the app. Learn how to print using the AirPrint app with the steps mentioned below.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Print From IPhone
Use the AirPrint and HP Smart App for your iPhone.
- heck if the Officejet Pro 6978 printer is in the active state and connected to a network.
- pen the app on your Apple device.
- nsure that the Wi-Fi is turned on and access the Wi-Fi Settings on your mobile device.
- elect the document or photo stored in the device.
- ouch the Share icon and tap Print to move to the Print screen.
- list of connected printers displays on the screen, and now touch Select Printer.
- odify the desired print settings if required.
- ap Print to print the item based on the settings.
HP Smart App
- Download the HP Smart App from the App Store.
- Launch it on your Apple device with the help of the instructions mentioned on the screen.
- You can use the app in iOS 9 or later versions.
- Connect the printer and mobile over the same network.
- After installing the app, tap the Start icon on the home page.
- Read and agree to the Terms and Conditions mentioned on the screen.
- Touch the Allow to enable notifications from the HP Smart icon.
- The Smart App discovers the available printers on your network.
- If the printer needs to be included for the first time, tap the + sign.
- Choose the printer name from the list of available devices.
- Now the HP Smart App installation is completed. Lets start to connect with our tech experts to find more solution about HP Officejet Pro 6978 wireless setup.