HP Officejet Pro 6978 Scan Documents
A process through which the originals are converted into soft copies is known as scanning. You can use the HP Officejet Pro 6978 Scan Software or HP Smart App for the scanning process. Learn how to scan by using the HP Smart App.
- Download the HP Smart App for Android or Apple devices.
- Install it by using the instructions mentioned on the screen.
- Enable the Wi-Fi feature on your printer’s control panel.
- Launch the HP Smart App on your mobile device.
- Touch the Scanner icon on the home screen of the app.
- The app starts to scan the document or photo.
- Store the file in the JPEG or PDF format if required.
- The scanned file stores automatically in the destination folder.
- Change the destination folder if required.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Duplex Scanning
- Check if the Officejet Pro 6978 printer is in sleep mode. If yes, change it to the active state.
- Install the necessary software required for scanning.
- Open the scanner lid and mount the document or photo with the printed side facing upwards.
- Check if it is placed along the engraved guides.
- Launch the HP Scan Software on your system. When it opens, click the Scan Document option under the Scan tab.
- Click the Scan as PDF option and choose the 2-sided option under the Pages Sides tab.
- Perform the necessary Scan settings if required.
- Click the Scan option to begin the HP Officejet Pro 6978 scan process.
- Preview the image or text on the left panel of the software.
- Click the Save option to store the scanned file in the destination folder.
- If the printer supports the Automatic Document Feeder tray, load multiple pages at a time and then follow the same procedure for duplex scanning.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Scan Multiple Pages
- Scanning multiple pages can be carried out either by using the Automatic Document Feeder tray or the scanner glass.
- On the Automatic Document Feeder tray, you can scan multiple pages at a time.
- If you wish to scan from the scanner glass, you need to place multiple pages one after the other.
- Open the tray and place required pages into it. Launch the HP Scan software on the system.
Automatic Document Feeder
- Select the Scan Document or Photo option under the Scan tab. Choose the required file format and click Scan.
- The ADF tray automatically scans all pages in the required format.
- Scanner Glass
- Lift the scanner glass and mount a document or photo on it. Ensure that the media is placed along the engraved guides.
- Press the Scan button to initiate the scanning process. After the scanning process completes, place the next page to be scanned on the glass.
- Follow the same procedure for all the pages. After scanning, save all the pages into a single file as PDF.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Scan To Email
- Switch on your Officejet Pro 6978 printer.
- Activate the Wireless feature on your printer’s control panel.
- Tap the Apps icon on the display panel of the printer.
- Click OK when the setup successful message displays.
- The printer acquires the email address and displays the Web Services Summary screen.
- The Summary screen contains an Email address, Status, and HP ePrint.
- Note all the above details and then move to the Home screen.
- Check if the apps in the printer are up to date. If yes, move to the next step.
- On the Apps tab, touch the Scan to Email option.
- Mention the printer’s email address in the corresponding tab and click Done -> Continue.
- View the PIN on the mentioned email address. After retrieving the PIN, click Continue.
- Provide the email address and PIN in the respective tabs and tap Log In.
- Use the Auto-Login option to store the email address in the printer ‘s memory.
- After setting up the email address, tap Scan -> Document.
- Find the Review Information of the email address on the screen and touch Continue.
- Insert the required documents into the ADF tray and tap Scan to Email.
- After the scan is successful, the corresponding documents are emailed to the address mentioned on the tab.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Scan To Computer
- If you enable the Scan to Computer feature, the scanned file is sent to the respective system when accessed from the front panel of the printer.
- Turn on your printer and Mac system.
- Install the necessary software for your printer.
- Check whether the printer and the system are connected to a network.
- Open the HP Utility software on your Mac system.
- Locate the Scan to Computer option on the bottom of the list and click on it.
- If the Scan to Computer feature is enabled, a green dot is a visible adjacent to the option.
- Change the Computer name if required.
- Go to the front of the printer and tap the Scan option.
- Touch the Computer option and it displays the connected systems list.
- Choose your system name and do the necessary changes if required.
- Tap the Start Scan option to begin the scanning process.
- The scanned file is stored automatically in the destination system.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Scan To PDF
- Open the Automatic Document Feeder tray and load multiple pages into it.
- Choose the options Scan Shortcuts -> Save as PDF from the list.
- Select the 2-Sided (Book) option from the drop-down menu.
- Choose Destination File type as PDF.
- Click the Scan option. The documents in the ADF tray get scanned automatically.
- Change the order of page if required and click Scan.
- The scanned file is available in the destination folder.
- Change the destination folder if required.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Scanning Software
- Install the full feature driver for your Windows system.
- Use the HP Easy Start for your Mac system.
- Both the drivers mentioned above are required to access the Scan feature on your system.
- After the driver is installed correctly, check if all the features are available.
- Try to perform HP Officejet Pro 6978 scan to access the feature.