HP Envy 5660 Troubleshooting
Several types of issues can arise in the HP Envy 5660 printer due to improper maintenance or usage. The methods for rectifying the issues have been provided in a simple, user-understandable manner. Refer to each of the topics given below and carry out the instructions step by step to resolve the HP Envy 5660 troubleshooting issues.
HP Envy 5660 Won’t Print
- Ascertain that enough paper is loaded into the printer and the cartridges are placed into their slots. HP Print and Scan Doctor is a utility tool that can be used for fixing printing issues.
- Check if any error messages are displayed on the printer’s control panel and rectify them by performing the on-screen HP Envy 5660 troubleshooting instructions.
- If your Personal Computer is linked to the Envy 5660 printer using a USB cord, unplug and then reattach the cable. Confirm that the wireless connection is working properly if you have established a network connection.
- Ensure that the Envy 5660 printer is set as the default printing source. On Windows 8 or 8.1, open the Charms menu by tapping on the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select the Settings icon, click on the Control Panel option, and then choose View Devices and Printers. Windows 7: From the Start menu, click the Devices and Printers option.
- Confirm whether your Envy 5660 printer is set as the default printing source. A checkmark with a black or green circle will be present next to the default printer.
- To set Envy 5660 as the default printer, right-click on it and select the Set as Default Printer option.
- If the error persists, restart the print spooler service. Verify the power connection and then reset the HP Envy 5660 printer.
HP Envy 5660 Offline
- Search for control panel on your computer and then open the Control Panel window. Choose the View Devices and Printers option to open the Devices and Printers dialog box.
- Right-click on the Envy 5660 printer, choose the Printer Properties option, and then select the Ports tab. Ensure that the Envy 5660 printer uses a WSD port.
- If a WSD port is not being used, open the Services list on your Personal Computer.
- Scroll down the list to find the Function Discovery Resource Publication and Function Discovery Provider Host options. Verify the Startup Type and Status columns.
- Once the status of both the services is indicated as Running and the Startup Type is set to automatic, switch to the Devices and Printers dialog box.
- If the Envy 5660 printer is still offline, print a Network Configuration sheet from the Settings or Wireless tab. Right-click on the model of your Hewlett Packard printer.
- Choose Printer Properties, select Ports, and click the Add Port option. Choose Standard TCP/IP port and select the New Ports option.
- Follow the instructions to add a new printer. Now, check the status of your Envy 5660 printer’s connection. Ascertain that the Envy 5660 printer is in the Ready or Active mode.
HP Envy 5660 Won’t Connect To Wifi
- The very first step to take when the Envy 5660 printer does not connect to the network is to restart the Personal Computer, Envy 5660 printer, and the wireless router.
- Verify the settings of your wireless router. To access the settings, launch a browser and enter its IP address. Now, press the Return button.
- Ensure that the router settings are set properly; it will generally be listed under the Security or Wireless tab.
- Also, look for updates in the firmware of your wireless access point and carry out the same. After the update process of the router is complete, check if you are able to bridge the HP Envy 5660 printer with the network.
- Certain security apps can block the communication between the Envy 5660 printer and the Personal Computer. In such cases, turn Off the security applications on your Mac or Windows computer.
- Make sure that the printer software is launched correctly on your desktop. If the driver is corrupted or incompatible, uninstall it. Reinstall the newest software version from this site 123.hp.com/HP Envy 5660.
- Confirm that you have not linked the Envy 5660 printer to a Virtual Private Network.
- You must connect the printer to the network only to which the PC is linked. Once you find that the printer is associated with the network, print a test sheet.
Paper Jam HP Envy 5660
- Use the automated tools to clean page smears. Ensure that the Envy 5660 printer is loaded with enough plain papers. On the HP Printer’s operation panel, scroll through the display and then tap the Setup icon.
- Touch Tools and select the Clean Page Smears option. The Envy 5660 printer will feed a blank sheet slowly. Wait until the blank page gets ejected from the Hewlett Packard printer.
- Restart the Envy 5660 printer. If your Envy 5660 printer is not turned On, switch it On. Now, the printer makes some noise, wait until it remains calm and idle.
- With the Envy 5660 printer powered On, detach the power cable from its rear. Also, remove the power cable from the socket.
- After sixty seconds, reinsert the cable to your Envy 5660 printer’s rear port and the outlet.
- If the Envy 5660 printer does not switch On automatically, turn it on by pressing the Power button.
- Once the warm-up period completes, check if the paper jam error message has disappeared from the panel. If the HP Envy 5660 troubleshooting issue persists, look for jammed sheet across several regions of the printer such as input and output trays.
- Move the carriage manually to ensure that there are no jammed paper in the cartridge area.
HP Envy 5660 Photo Tray Blocked
The Photo Tray Problem error message may display on the Envy 5660 printer’s control panel. The procedure for resolving the photo tray blocked or error is given below.
HP Envy 5660 Photo Tray Error
- Confirm whether the Envy 5660 printer is positioned on an even surface. Push the output tray extender and pull the input tray out.
- Now, take the output tray out. Make sure that the photo tray is placed correctly. Ensure that the photo tray guides are moving below the main tray guides on both the right and left sides of the input tray.
- Ascertain that the photo tray moves freely without resistance. Reinsert the output tray and make sure to line the edges with the main input tray.
- Try performing a print function. If the problem persists, try copying or printing a file with the output tray removed from the Envy 5660 printer.
- If the error doesn’t occur, then the HP Envy 5660 troubleshooting issue is with the output tray. Replace the tray with a new one.
- If the photo tray issue stays unresolved even after doing the instructions that are given above, it is recommended to service the HP Envy 5660 printer.
- Power reset the HP Printer. Unplug the cord from the power source and the outlet. If you have connected the USB cord, detach it. Wait for thirty seconds, and replug the cord to the printer and the socket.
- Make sure not to use an extension cord. Turn On the Envy 5660 printer, reinsert the USB cord into the correct port, and then check if the error is fixed.
HP Envy 5660 Ink Cartridge Problem
- The Cartridges Missing or Ink Cartridge Problem error message shows on the printer’s touch display. Make sure that you are utilizing cartridges that are genuine and fine.
- Clean the electrical contacts on your ink cartridge. Collect a lint-free cloth and bottled or distilled water. Switch On the printer and then lift the cartridge access door.
- Remove the power cable from the rear of the Envy 5660 printer. If you use a USB cord, remove it. Slightly press on the cartridge and take it out of the slot.
- Handle the cartridge by the sides and check if any ink is buildup on the contacts. Wet the rubber swab or lint-free cloth and then wipe the copper-colored contacts on the cartridge.
- Wait for about ten minutes until the carriage gets dried completely. Hold the cartridge at a slightly upward angle and then reinstall it into the empty slot.
- Clean the contacts of the other ink cartridges and then close the access cover.
- Reattach the USB cord and the power cable, and then turn your printer On.
HP Envy 5660 Printer Not Connected
- First, restart the Envy 5660 printer, router, and the Personal Computer. Switch the printer Off and do not continue for about ten seconds. Disconnect the power cord and then power Off the Mac or Windows system.
- Replug the cord to your Envy 5660 printer and then turn it On. Remove the power cord from the rear of your wireless access point.
- Wait for approximately twenty seconds and then reattach the cord to the router. Switch On the computer and then check if the printer can connect to the Wi-Fi network.
- Confirm that the USB cord is firmly connected between the Envy 5660 printer and the system.
- Make sure that the USB cable is compatible with your Envy 5660 printer.
- You should use a USB cord that is less than three meters in length. You can also make use of the HP Print and Scan Doctor app for clearing the connection issues.
- If the connection issue still exists, uninstall the Envy 5660 printer from the Mac or Windows system. Reinstall the newest version of the Hewlett Packard printer’s driver from this web page.
- Now, check if your Envy 5660 printer can link to the network and then print a test sheet. For more solution regarding HP Envy 5660 troubleshooting guide, start connect with our technical experts now.