How To Scan HP Envy 5660
HP Envy 5660 printer uses Contact Image Solution (CIS) technology for scanning. The scan operation can be done quickly in an HP Envy 5660 printer. The HP Envy 5660 printer supports the Scan operation. Different software is used to perform the Scan process in Windows & Mac devices. The HP Scan is a popular software used to perform the Scan operation in the HP printer. Similarly, to scan as a PDF file, you can use the HP Solution Center software. For how to scan HP Envy 5660 printer and scanning multiple pages, use HP Easy Scan. Apple Image Capture software is available in the Apple store. It helps you perform the Scan operation on Mac computers.
How To Scan On HP Envy 5660 Printers
- Unbox the printer and perform the setup.
- Connect the printer either to a wired or wireless network.
- Download & install HP Scan software on your computer.
- Sign into the manufacturer’s site, enter the printer model’s details, and click the Begin button.
- Choose your operating system & the version and click the Download button under Driver-Product Installation Software section.
- Go with the guided instructions displayed on the screen to complete the driver installation.
- Open & run the software on your computer.
- Power on the printer, raise the scanner lid, and the place the document or photo on the scanner glass.
- Close the scanner lid.
- Press the Scan icon, select your computer name and the scan job type.
- Wait for the printer to complete the process of how to scan HP Envy 5660 option and once the scan process is complete, the scanned file is saved automatically on the computer.
HP Envy 5660 Scan To A Computer
- Turn on your computer and select the document or photo to be scanned.
- Using the power cable that came with your printer, connect your printer to the wall outlet and computer.
- Press the Power button which is on the printer’s control panel to turn it ON.
- Wait for the printer to remain idle.
- On your computer, install the HP Scan software from the manufacturer’s site to start the process of how to scan HP Envy 5660.
- Load the document you want to scan on the scanner glass or document feeder.
- On your computer, search for the HP printer in the Devices & Printers section..
- Select the printer and then click Scan in the HP Printer Assistant window dialog box.
- Click the Scan a Document or Photo option.
- Change the Scan job settings in the HP Scan window.
- Select a scan shortcut in the HP Scan dialog box, and then click the Scan button.
HP Envy 5660 Scans To Email
- Configure your web-based email account on a local email client to perform the Scan to email operation.
- Common local email clients are Microsoft Outlook, Live Mail, or Mozilla Thunderbird.
- Switch on your printer and computer.
- Make sure to connect your printer and computer to the same wireless network.
- Load a document or photo you want to scan in the document feeder or scanner glass.
- On the printer’s operator panel, press the Settings icon.
- Scroll the down the screen, select the Scan icon, choose your computer name available in the list, and then click the Email as PDF option.
- On your computer, search for your printer in the Devices & Printers section.
- Click the Scan option and then select the Scan a Document or Photo menu in the HP Printer Assistant.
- Choose the Document to Email or Email as JPEG option, and then click the Scan button.
- Preview the scanned document and click the Send button.
- The scanned document mailed to your mail id.
HP Envy 5660 Scans To PDF
- Use the HP Solution Center software to scan the document or photo.
- Make sure that your computer has a PDF reader installed.
- If there is no PDF reader installed on your computer, then download it from a trusted website.
- Adobe Reader is the default PDF reader.
- After installing the reader, switch on your printer, and load a document or photo on the scanner glass.
- Open the HP Solution Center software on your computer.
- On the top of the screen, click the Scan Document option and then select the Scan to PDF shortcut.
- Click the Scan button.
- Once the printer completes the process of how to scan HP Envy 5660 printer, click the Finish button.
- The scanned file will be saved to your computer folder as soon as you click the Finish button.
- To preview the scanned file, open the saved location and then double-click on it.
How To Scan Multiple Pages On HP Envy 5660
- Use HP Easy Scan software to scan multiple pages on the HP Envy 5660 printer.
- Download & install the HP Easy scan software on the Mac Os.
- Switch on the printer and raise the scanner lid.
- Load the document on the scanner glass.
- Click the San Next Item or Add option after scanning the first page.
- After completing the entire operation of how to scan HP Envy 5660, click the Send button, and then select the Folder option.
- Select the file save format as PDF type in the options list.
- To choose the file save location, click the Where option and then select a folder to save the scanned file.
- Below Format, there will be an option Save all items to a single item, checkmark it, and click the Save button.
- The scanned file will be saved to your selected folder on the system.
- Open the saved folder and double-click on it to preview the scanned file.
HP Envy 5660 Scanning Software
- HP Solution Center can be used to scan a document or photo on Windows.
- Download the HP Solution Center software from the manufacturer’s site.
- Install the downloaded scan software on your computer to perform the function of how to scan HP Envy 5660 printer.
- You can change the document size, color, and quality settings on the HP Solution Center.
- Open the application on your Windows and click the Scan Document or Scan Picture option in the Scan Setting shortcut menu.
- Click the Advanced Picture Settings or Advanced Document Settings to change the resolution, quality, and size.
- To change the file names and the save location, click the Save to file save option.
- Finally, click the Scan button. The printer starts the Scan operation.
- To make any changes after clicking the Scan button, tap the Scanned item.
- Preview the scanned file.
HP Envy 5660 Scan Software Mac
On a Mac Os, Apple Image Capture software is used for scanning. This software is available for mac OS & OS X versions. The Apple Image Capture software is available in the Apple Store.
- Switch on your printer.
- Raise the scanner lid and load the document or photo you wish to scan on the scanner glass or document feeder.
- Close the scanner lid.
- Open Finder in the Mac Os and click Go.
- Click the Applications option and double-click the Image Capture menu.
- Select your printer name in the Devices or Shared list.
- Click the Show Details options to view more scan features.
- Change the Scan mode, resolution, size, name, and format. Select the Scan to option to save the scanned file,
- Click the Scan button to finish the process of how to scan HP Envy 5660 printer.