How To Connect HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer
There are various methods using for how to connect HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer to other devices. The Mobile printing option can also be used to link the Officejet Pro 6978 printer to the Apple or Android phone. Some common ways to connect the printer include wireless, USB, and Wi-Fi Direct. Brief guidelines on how to connect the HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer are provided on this page.
How To Connect HP Officejet Pro 6978 To Computer
- Verify whether the Officejet Pro 6878 printer is turned On. Load enough blank papers and then insert the ink cartridges into their slots.
- Click the Settings option from the Start window on your computer, then select Devices, and then choose the Printers & Scanners button.
- Select Add a printer or scanner and if the Show Wi-Fi Direct printers option appears on your desktop, click it.
- Now, find your HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer with DIRECT mentioned in the folder name.
- Confirm whether the Hewlett Packard printer is in the Ready state.
- Return to your Personal Computer and then select the Add Device option.
- Now, the eight-digit WPS PIN will appear on the Officejet Pro 6978 printer’s touch panel.
- Else, you can obtain the PIN on the report that gets printed by your HP Printer.
- Click the Next option after you enter the WPS PIN on your Personal Computer.
- To carry out a print function using the Wi-Fi Direct method, open the photograph or text that you wish to print.
- Click the File option, select Print, and then choose your HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer from the list.
- Start printing the document by selecting the Print option.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Connect To Laptop
- Make sure to power On your Officejet Pro 6978 printer and is in the Active mode.
- Get a USB cable that is less than three meters.
- If you have inserted the USB cord before launching the software, delete the same from the list of installed devices on your system.
- On your Personal Computer, open the Devices and Printers dialog box.
- Right-click on your HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer’s icon and choose the Remove Device button.
- If multiple icons appear on the desktop, remove them.
- Now, close the Devices and Printers pop-up window and then download the software by choosing the Driver Download link provided on this page.
- After the software file is downloaded, double-click on it. Choose the Continue option in the window that opens on your screen.
- Study the instructions for how to connect HP Officejet Pro 6978 and installation, click the checkbox to agree to the same.
- On the Connection Method screen, make sure to select the Radio button that is present next to USB.
- Now, plug a USB cord to the rear of your Officejet Pro 6978 printer.
- To the USB port found on your laptop, plug the other end of the USB cord.
- Add the name of your Hewlett Packard printer to the list of devices that are available and then carry out a print job.
How To Connect HP Officejet Pro 6978 To Mac
- Switch On the HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer.
- Link the network cord to the Ethernet port on your Officejet Pro 6978 printer.
- Connect the other end of the network cord to the port that is located on your wireless access point.
- The green light should remain steady and the orange light must flash.
- Add the Officejet Pro 6978 printer to the print queue of your Mac system.
- On your Mac Computer, select the Apple icon and click the System Preferences option.
- Choose either the Printers & Scanners or Print & Scan option.
- Confirm whether the name of your HP Printer displays in the Printers window.
- If the Officejet Pro 6978 printer is not available, select the Plus sign and choose the Add a Printer or Scanner option.
- Now, choose your HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer.
- Ensure that AirPrint or Secure AirPrint appears in the Print Using or Use dialog box and then choose the Add option.
- Now, start printing by clicking the File option and then choose the Print button.
- Wait until the Officejet Pro 6978 printer finishes the print job.
How To Connect HP 6978 Printer To Wifi
- Before you start the Wi-Fi connection, make sure that it is working properly.
- Check if the Mac or Windows PC is linked to the SSID in which you want to bridge the Officejet Pro 6978 printer.
- Make sure to turn On the wireless access point, Officejet Pro 6978, and the system.
- Confirm whether your Hewlett Packard printer and computer are located within the range of the wireless router.
- Open the Dashboard by swiping the display on the control panel of your Officejet Pro 6978 printer.
- Touch the Wireless icon, then tap Settings, and then press the Wireless Settings option.
- Choose either the Wi-Fi Protected Setup or Wireless Setup Wizard option.
- Now, comply with the procedure that displays on the touch panel of your Officejet Pro 6978 printer.
- After you finish the wireless setup, download and install the Officejet Pro 6978 printer’s software for free from this web page.
- Carry out operations such as printing or scanning to confirm that the connection was done correctly. You can also get live technical solution for how to connect HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer from our tech experts.